Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Toilet paper


I don't understand old folks. My grandma does it and now so does my mom.
Toilet paper is probably the cheapest paper. So my dear granny and mommy probably don't feel so wasteful when they use toilet paper vs others. I can see that they refrain from using tissue papers as much as they can. My granny probably have never used kitchen napkins or kitchen towels before. My mom does but it is so rarely used, she uses a plastic cover to cover it up so that it does not get dusty.

Anyway, here is the story of toilet paper. They will roll up toilet paper to put in their handbags. This is so they can use when they go to a public toilet. God forbid if you ever find decent public toilets in Malaysia (expect for some hotels), whatmore if they have toilet papers, it is almost a miracle! :)

Alright, so I applaud granny and mommy for their effort on personal hygiene. It is a saver to have toilet paper with you and they have saved me on many occasions too.

BUT and the BIG BUT is that I can't stand that they actually roll the unused toilet paper back to the toilet roll when they get home. Why or Why? I hate to go into toilet and realize that the toilet paper looks it has been pulled, torn and rolled back again.

I have often grumbled to my granny when I was staying with her. She is old, it fell on deaf years. But I have never said anything to my mom even though I noticed recently that she started to do the exact same thing.

Anyway, yesterday I snapped when she handed me some toilet paper to wipe something while we were in the car. That little gesture somehow release a screw in my head and I went on and on about how toilet paper is to be used in the toilet. And it is very unhygienic to re-roll unused toilet paper back to the roll. Blah blah blah.....

I think she was a little surprised but I said my peace. Enuff said. Let's see if it sticks.

No comments: