Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sometimes family's words hurt you more

Is it advice?
Is it intentional?
Is there malice behind the words?
Is it jealously?
Is it just a harmless banter?

You never know the intentions of others cos you are not them.
You are you. You know yourself and you know how you feel.

If someone said something to you, whatever their intentions may be - you may never know but what you know is how you feel.

I was hurt. Hurt by the words. Hurt by the innocent banter or maybe it wasn't so innocent after all. Maybe there was a message, maybe it intended to hurt and that was why it did hurt.

You are leaving? Did you get the compensation? Oh! You did not. If you had known, you could have left a year ago, you could be with baby by now and your baby could be talking by now.

My! that was a blow! Even as I am writing this tears welled up my eyes. Those words hurt. Even if there was no malicious intent, the outcome to me was hurtful.

Never mind, I can't control what others want to say but I can control what I want to do.

I will live! No regrets! I will live even better. If I am happy who cares what others think.

7 comments:

Smurfphy said...

Ya Lor, Life's like dat sometimes...
But it's okay.. Live for yourself and know that Blood is NOT always thicker than water... Believe It.. Cheers..

Sam

Dreamz said...

Thanks :) Cheers!

Mumsgather said...

"I will live! No regrets! I will live even better. If I am happy who cares what others think."

Hi. From your post, I can see that you care, you do care what others think or it would not have hurt you. And you know what, there is nothing wrong in caring about what others think, the trick is not to let it bother or hurt you so you can lead your life the way YOU want and be happy. Take care.

Michelle Ho said...

Hi, I chanced across your post through PPS. You're absolutely right about not being able to deny our feelings, and also about choosing how we respond to our environment. Very glad to hear that you're walking down the more positive path.

But I think it's alright to feel the sting of people's words sometimes. Like what Mumsgather said, it shows that you are caring enough to be sensitive to what people say. Perhaps it would help to remember that other people's output is a product of their own emotional baggage sometimes, and they might be projecting it onto you - THEY could be the ones who are suffering more than you are.

Hope you feel lighter as the day progresses. Do take care. :)

Dreamz said...

@mumsgather - thank you for your kinds words, I appreciate it.

@michelle ho - completely agree! There will be many things and people who will upset us in our life but it is up to us to determine how we want to deal with you. Thanks much for your comments.

Spicy Sharon said...

You know what I hate the most?

F&F's telling me.. "I TOLD U SO"..

Thats NOT advise. That's like the polite way of saying.. "SERVES U RIGHT.."

Des said...

For some reason family members are much more hurtful than strangers or friends.
Most of the time it seems intentional. Don't know why. It sucks.