Pages

Friday, November 14, 2008

Worry

Sometimes I wonder why God put us on earth. There are so many worries in the world and sometimes it seems that we can never escape from being worried. If you see someone who seem happy go lucky in the outside, would you ever know what is going in his inside? There is bound to be a worry in his mind too.



I feel like I have spent my life worrying about one thing after another. And I I grow older, there seems to be more to worry about.


When I was a teenager, I worry if I will ever make friends in school.


I worry if I will do well in my exams.


I worry if I will be able to enter university.


When I have all that, there are just more to worry about.


I worry if I will get a good job.


Then I worry if I will lose my job.


When I am single, I worry if I will ever get married.


When I am married, I worry that I married too late.


I worry that I am too old to have kids when some of my friends have already "closed shop"!


I worry about finances.


I worry about my health.


I worry about my parents.


In, out, in, out.....there are just so many things to worry about.


Don't you wish sometimes that you are a kid again, so young, so carefree without a care in the world except when to get his next ice-cream?!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We worried because we learned to think. Thinking is the cause of everything. Imagine if we can't think the world will be entirely different and we live happily ever after like animals.

Dreamz said...

Horizon - living like animals - that's a thought :)

Ummie said...

Why worry all the times? Don't let worries conquer your whole mind that they lead to another phase of 'how if it should happen at all?'
God creates human to be a leader to another.
We've to respect husband as our first man and he has to respect his mum as his first woman.
Life's a cycle isn't it?

Dreamz said...

Ummie - really?? for men, his mum is considered his first woman??

Anonymous said...

I too used to worry too much. The single thing that most altered this unproductive path of mine was my martial arts training. I am woman, a wife and a mother who wasted too much of my life worrying about things I couldn't control. Over the years I've learned that the only thing you can control is your own thoughts and reactions to things.
Meditation can help you achieve a sense of peace as well but that along with several years of practicing kung fu has been life changing for me. My teacher once said "Do you know of anyone or anything that got better because you worried?". That made so much sense. Sometimes that is all you need to hear for that tranformation to start to take place. Forgive the long post! But I hope it helps some. btw - loved your post on walking! Great awareness practice.

Dreamz said...

Dragonfly - thanks for writing. I appreciate it. It is true that no action comes out of worrying. We should focus on doing vs worrying. Am glad martial arts help you. Glad you started a blog on it too. Keep it up!!!