Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2008

When your heart is not satisfied

My mom requested for a night cream. This is a small request but why did I react?


This is the reason. I went to her room and took our all the facial creams that I have given her all these years. Olay, SK-II, Loreal etc more than 20 bottles of unused facial creams are in her room. I laid it all down on her bed.


There was even an SK-II night cream which she requested for probably 5 years ago. I bought it for her. Now, it is still unopened.


Do you know why it frustrates me? I feel that she is not self satisfied. She keep looking at the things that she thinks she does not have. That is why she is not satisfied with anything that I do for her. She just keep scolding me for the things that she thinks I did not do.


But, she does not appreciate all the things that have been done for her. And that is the problem I have with her. Why does she keep focusing on the negatives? When I go out with my friends, she is not happy cos she thinks I treat my friends better. She accuses me of always buying my friends presents, buy them dinner etc with no real proof.


But why does she not look at the times I took her out for dinners, all the things that I bought for her, bought for the house??


I bought her a perfume for her birthday a few weeks ago. I really thought that she does not have a good perfume cos she was using this male smelling perfume when she goes out. In my search to take out all the facial creams, I saw that she still have more than 5 bottles of unused perfume, even one that I bought from Europe about 4 years ago.


I told her, I can buy anything that she lacks, that is my duty as a daughter but if she has more than enough, I am sorry, I will not buy cos I don't want my money wasted on things that she will not use. These items cannot be kept for long. It has maturity date and the product will spoil. I don't want to throw hundreds of dollars down the drain.


I don't know why she is like that. Maybe she is getting old and not feeling the security. But I attribute it to her heart. She is not satisfied with what she has. Therefore she can't see the good things but is just focused on the things that she think she lacks.


I really dislike the attitude, I have been trying to tell her, "be satisfied with what you have, you will be happier"

2 comments:

Ummie said...

I read you. Trash out what's panting inside. It's not about you being unfilial or me being nosy. It's just a channel to relieving your heavy heart and disturbing mind.

Dreamz said...

Thanks Ummie for understanding. Yeah I just need an outlet just to say what's inside for better or for worse.