Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Lost and nobody bothers

Dream -


I was back in my old primary school. There were many little boys and girls playing around. There was a gossip going around that a little boy was lost. He apparently ran away. Everyone were just talking about it and then 10 minutes later, they just went about their own business, playing, running around.

I went for a walk around the school compound. Some kids were standing around a big hole on the ground, like a hole leading to the huge underground pipes. Everyone was saying the boy is down there. I had a vision that the boy is alone, lonely and sad and he is just sitting inside the pipes waiting for someone to rescue him. He was feeling really sad and just did not know how to face the world. Everyone around the pipes just looked around and then decided that there is nothing they can do so they all left. Somehow, this was exactly what the boy was afraid of - people abandoning him because he was pathetic. He has just proved himself right.

I woke up, the dream was still vivid in my mind. I was wondering why I dreamt that dream and initially I thot it was just one of those random, not related to anything kinda dream. Then I realized where that dream came from.

Earlier today, I received an email from a guy friend. He is single even though he is way into his 30s, and he is feeling sad and pathetic. He is feeling disillusioned about life and finding his life partner. He feels his friends are abandoning him and furthermore, he is still staying with his parents with just an average career. He sounded sad and I felt sad for him. I have not responded to the email.

Hmmm...maybe I should..soon.

2 comments:

Ummie said...

respond by all means. will make his day. that's what friends are for.

Dreamz said...

Ummie - will do that!!