Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A vision is to be caught not taught

Sorry, feeling a little philosophical this evening.

A good friend...told me this phrase "A vision is to be caught Not taught". I don't think even she realized what she said, but when I heard it, it was such a revelation.

Basically I was complaning about how my hubby is not excited about my interest. I am so passionate about it, there are so many things I want him to do and help me with but it almost seem like he is just going against me. And it is very frustrating!

Especially when I feel that what I am doing will be better for our future. At least we are doing something vs just doing nothing.

But how come he is so slow in his actions? How come we seem to argue everytime we talk about it? I get irritated that I am doing 80% of the work and yet he can't do 20% of the work promptly.

Anyway, so when my friend suddenly said this phrase....hmmm, I was like...wow! I get it. No point telling, teaching, repeating a thousand times what the vision is because if the person don't get it, have not caught it, it will just be yes yes yes yes yes yes - in one ear, out the other.

So...the challenge is to have the person catch the vision. Once the person caught the vision, then the vision is no longer just yours. It becomes a shared vision.

Am I making sense??

No comments: