Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Don't worry about not having anything to worry about

I am not working. I have stopped working for the last 9 months.

It is a choice. I have been thinking about getting back to work but I feel kinda stuck. I don't know what I want and what I wanna do.

I wish there was a sign from God.

Should I pursue the area that I was an expert in for the last 10 years or should I do something different?

I had a great career before. I think if you saw me, you would say I am a high flyer, very corporate, very professional. Do I want to get back to the hustle bustle of the corporate life? Do I want to get the stress from the never ending workload?

Or should I pursue something simpler. Something less stressful. The funny thing about it is that, I feel I want to but I don't know what I wanna do. Another thing is also how do I overcome the feeling that I am selling myself short? That I am doing something that is less than what I am capable of. But then the insecurities set in that even if I wanted a "lesser" job, am I even qualified to do it?

Sigh, so many worries.

But, honestly, I do feel very blessed. I am managing my financials well and with one salary, we can get by. Not luxurious but definitely not in danger. Infact, my husband is very supportive and he is letting me take my time and decide. I am grateful. I don't have to worry.

However, even though I know I don't have to worry, I do worry. I worry about not knowing what I want to do. I worry about not getting a job. I worry about getting the wrong job. I worry about rejection. I worry about what others would think of me. I do worry.

A friend told me the other day "Don't worry about not having anything to worry about".

I should try to heed that advice.

No comments: